Monday 31 December 2012

Hyper-V Server 2012 - Enable SNMP

Well I passed my Office 365 exam in December so am officially a MCITP. Over the holidays I migrated all our VM's from ESXi 4 to Hyper-V 2012 it was easy enough bar our Exchange Box which had been P2V, V2V and V2V'd again and didn't play nice with the Hyper-V drivers.

I decided to go with the free Hyper-V 2012 edition and found it straight forward enough one step that took a little figuring was enabling SNMP for our monitoring software (When I have time I'll go the System Center Route!)

For ease I enabled RDP to the Hyper-V host you can do this from the console or via iLO or whatever out of band management you use.

Open a command prompt Ctrl-SHift-Esc and New task etc.

Type the following

dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:SNMP



 Next connect to the host using computer management from a work station or server with a GUI and configure the service as normal











All done 

2 comments: